Sunday, March 16, 2014

Local and State Levels

             
Paralyzed Veterans of American is an organization for paralyzed policemen who have been hurt in the line of duty. I admire all of the paralyzed veterans because they risk their lives for their countries and communities. Most of these veterans got hurt in the line of fire and they need help in taking care of their families and themselves. When these young men and women sign up to become policemen and women, they know their changing that they make not get back with their families alive. The Paralyzed Veterans of American is an organization for helping policemen and women to get the benefits they need in healthcare, education and training and career opportunities. “Paralyzed Veterans is dedicated to empowering our disabled veterans to used full, productive lives.
Feed the Children Organization was founded in 1979 is a non-profit relief Organization, guided by Christian values, who stated mission, is “providing hope and resources for those without life’s essentials." Feed the Children give out more than 104 million pounds of food and other essentials to children and their families in all 50 states and internationally, during its 33-year history, Feed the Children has worked around the globe. I admire this organization because it helps supply a safe environment for young children and their families with clean water, nutrition meals, clothing and a chance to get an education. These are very poor individuals who need our help I also am a big supporter in feeding the Children. I was amazed when I discover that National Association of Educators for Homeless Children and Youth), this program has donated more than 500,000 backpacks filled with school supplies, food and personal care items to the homeless children enrolled in U.S. public schools. In Africa, Asia, Central and South America and The Philippines, Feed the Children provides more than 350,000 meals daily through school feeding programs (Feed the Children, 2011).
The sisterhood is a Christian Organization was founded in 2011, by Cedar Belle Tyler of Blytheville, Arkansas. The sisterhood is a group of women who have been divorced, abused, and any life problems that hinder their personal walk with God. The Lord gave Ms. Tyler this after she went through a terrifying divorce and experienced the hurt and pains so many women have suffered and need help. So I answer the Lord voice, and we meet at different residents to make the sisters feel comfortable. We discuss many different subjects such as how to live saved when you are single? Is there life after a divorce? How do one survival with children after a divorce? How do children cope when daddy is away and not coming home? This organization helps support in many different matters such as financial, communication sometimes we just need to have someone to be there when we need them. This is what we do help support and care for our young children and their families in the community. (Cedar Tyler, 2011).
The job opportunities my heart’s desire is to be an education counselor and owning my own daycare center with all diverse of families. I would like to have a center fill with all children such as, children with disabilities, Black, White, Chinese, Japanese, Mexican and all others people.
The skills I would need are receiving my degree in counseling and need the financial funds to operation and employees that I can trust them. But most of all I have to have a heart for young children and their families. Because I know that it’s not all about me but it about the young children who I come in contact with each day.
Reference:  Tyler. C. B. (2011). Sisterhood where women come together for Godly strength.

1 comment:

  1. I love the organizations that you talked about in your post, but what struck me the most is you jobs that you listed. I have always wanted to own my in home daycare center, but it takes time and a lot of money. The more I have studied throughout this master's program the more I have wanted to open a center. My biggest issue with opening an in home center, is that I have never lived in a house that would pass the licensing codes. I currently live in an apartment, so I know that would not work. I think both our dreams will happen one day, we just have to keep pushing through. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete